Why Enviro-Tech® Pest Services
Established in 1985, Enviro-Tech® Pest Services is among the top 15% of pest management companies nationally. How was this success possible? Enviro-Tech Pest Services recognizes that once a pest problem arises, most of those affected seek solutions that will not cause harm to their children, family members with health problems, their pets, or the environment. Enviro-Tech Pest Services builds strong, long-term business based partnerships with customers because we share that focus. We seek to customize a pest solution with the lowest impact on non-targets, utilizing Integrated Pest Management and judicious use of pesticides. Enviro-Tech Pest Services’ outstanding focus on customer satisfaction and environmental consciousness reflects the core values of our company. Embracing the challenge of exceeding expectation, Enviro-Tech Pest Services provides entrepreneurs and existing service companies with a brand and system to grow and promote their business with a focus on environmental sustainability, profitability, and customer service.
Enviro-Tech® Pest Services is committed to shaping a better future for all who share the Earth by becoming a leader in establishing a ‘green standard’ for pest management.
To further this goal while better serving our customer, we focus on understanding and utilizing Integrated Pest Management, which incorporates accurate pest and harborage identification, elimination of pest habitat, and the careful selection and proper application of the lowest-risk pesticides when appropriate.
Enviro-Tech Pest Services believes in becoming involved in the communities we share with our customers. We participate in Earth Day events and support local school fundraisers and career days. Our dedication to ‘giving back’ also extends to monthly donations to The Chesapeake Bay Foundation and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. To learn more about these local organizations, please visit their websites at www.cbf.org or www.missingkids.com.
To all of us here at Enviro-Tech Pest Services, our environmental consciousness is not an advertising gimmick. We have partnered with the Environmental Protection Agency through the Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program (PESP), we are a QualityPro Green Company.
Even our fleet of service vehicles reflects our dedication to reducing our energy consumption. Our fleet is currently comprised of 30% hybrid Prius vehicles, and this will increase to 50% over the next five years.
Why are we so convinced that we have a responsibility to our world and our children? Consider the following facts:
- Recycling 1 aluminum can saves enough energy to run a TV for 3 hours, and 1 thrown away may take 500 years to break down. However, there is no limit to how many times aluminum may be recycled
- “If every US household replaced 1 incandescent bulb with a compact fluorescent, the energy saved could light 2.5 million homes for 1 year” (Daily Green)
- A Prius will produce approximately 440 lbs of emissions a year. Compare this with 3700 lbs for the average full size pickup!
- Replacing windows with EnergyStar approved brands may save up to 10,000 lbs CO2 due to the energy savings
- The average American uses 7 trees per year. If we each recycled just 10% of our paper, we would save 25 million trees! Recycling 1 ton of paper would see savings of 64% energy consumption, 58% water consumption, and 60 lbs of CO2 over making new paper (and recycled paper costs 50% less to produce than paper from raw wood pulp)